TwoThousand&Twelve! I hope you left some room for play in your New Year’s resolutions! If you haven’t yet, take a few moments to think about how you can incorporate more playful behaviors and activities into this year. Your mind, body, and spirit will thank you =)
Welcoming play into your daily life can be simple!
- Sing more often! In the shower, while cooking, driving, cleaning, etc.
- Bring a small toy for your desk at work (or for a co-workers desk)
- Take five minutes to Dance About It in the morning!
- Play “I Spy” with someone in line at the grocery store
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter and share your playtime with dogs who will also benefit
- Skip, don’t walk, to a meeting…you’ll be in a better mood when you get there
- Make funny faces using your dinner food
- Turn off the TV and do something outside! Climb a tree, skip stones, hike, explore, adventure!
- Visit a swingset and see how high you can get
Make a pledge to yourself to engage in play-full behaviors and activities this new year! Play is not a luxury, it is invaluable to our health and well-being!